Let’s face it, we don’t always make the best choices when it comes to snack foods while on vacation, so it’s much easier to make healthy choices and stay on track by purchasing snacks prior to starting out on any adventure.
If you can’t bring your own, then you can go to the stores where you are traveling and pick up some healthy options. Yes, that’s not always feasible and not every store sells organic tortilla chips and raw cheddar cheese, so here’s a list to check out with better choices than the candy selection on aisle 3.
- Tortilla chips (many stores sell organic varieties, but if not, choose the brand with the least amount of ingredients)
- Nuts and raisins
- Trail mix (without added sugar or those little chocolate candy pieces that resemble m & m’s 😉
- Peanut butter and baby carrots
- Sliced cheese and salami
- Beef jerky
- Cliff Bars, Luna Bars, etc.
- Granola bars
- Veggie trays
- Pretzels or peanut butter pretzels
- Peanut butter and crackers
- Dried fruits (unsulphured and unsweetened if possible)
- Crackers and hummus