Sports is where it all started for Chris, and it is still where his greatest passion lies, especially with kids who are injured, in pain or anyone who’s highly driven to be their best. Chris is a natural at connecting with kids and getting them to be internally motivated by their goals while enjoying hard work and strengthening their weakest links.
With his experience of being a junior national and junior Olympic athlete as a teenager in swimming and water polo, Chris understands what it takes to be elite and has conquered the demands of being a student athlete with the highest goals possible, all the while keeping the priorities as they should be;
Add that to 20+ years of coaching kids in over 20 sports and you will see why Chris is well adept at creating programs for people of all ages and for all sports.
The goal at Got Function for sports performance is to strengthen an athletes weakest links and learn all the tools professional athletes use in their sport. Working out is just one element in becoming a successful athlete, but there are many more often overlooked, including visualization, tournament nutrition preparation, and much more.
COMMON MISTAKES ATHLETES MAKE…..
- Have no clue how many electrolytes they should have or how to get them.
- Don’t sleep enough: average kid needs 9 hours of sleep per day….athletes needs 30-90 minutes more depending on training level.
- Train too hard at the wrong times, i.e. don’t realize differences between pre, during and off-season training.
- Do not understand the timing of fuel for performance, i.e. when to eat fats, carbs and proteins.
- Take training too seriously and lack joy in PLAYing their sport.
- Eat too little protein, which is key for muscle building and repair.
- Do not set definitive goals or understand how to obtain them.
- Do not practice visualization.
- Many, many more.
Chris has trained professional athletes as well as some of the top athletes in the country at Got Function, many of which went on to get scholarships and play at D-1 schools plus receive awards while in college.
At Got Function, you will learn how to train for an entire season, when it’s best to focus on power, strength, speed, and most importantly how to get the most out of your workouts and peak at the right times.
Chris will also work with your coach on creating a complete program that will keep you going throughout this year and the next.