Is conventional medicine letting you down?
Have you been told to rest or take pain killers?
Does it seem like nobody can figure out why you have pain?
And worst of all, have you been treated like an inanimate object in the machine-like and impersonal medical system? Unfortunately many of the people reading this have experienced all those things.
Do not worry, there is a reason you are reading this.
Exercise Progression is not like other clinics. Chris understand where most pain originates from, and he knows why conventional methods don’t work.
Chris sees it almost every day, and in his experience, and according to a study of 10,000 chronic low back pain sufferer’s, over 90% of all chronic low back pain is muscular in nature.
Poor diagnosis of muscular issues by physicians and the medical world is partially responsible for this back pain epidemic we have. Their main treatment plan right now for muscular issues is drugs and rest, both of which are proven to actually prolong the healing process!
Is that because they don’t care? No of course not. It is because they don’t know how to assess your muscular system for imbalances and therefore cannot create a treatment program based on what will actually help you and prevent future problems.
- Chris spent seven years writing and researching a book on low back disorders while working in a spinal rehab clinic. To this day it is used to educate health professionals as a text book.
- Doctors and physicians are not well trained in evaluating muscular imbalances or designing programs that bring balance to the muscles in the low back.
- The most common treatment plans of pain killers and anti-inflammatories do not heal, they actually slow the healing process.
- Chris is trained to work with your diagnosis and show you how to relieve your pain with specific exercises tailored for your type of low back disorder.
- Although most cases of back pain resolve themselves, if nothing is done to improve the supporting muscles, then the recurrence of pain is up to 12 times as high compared to those who do specific exercises for the spinal muscles and core.
- Endurance is more important than strength in the spinal muscles.
- Pain does not necessarily mean damage. Severe low back pain is often from trigger points in the muscles.
- Pain caused by muscles can persist for years and even indefinitely.
- It is possible to get rid of low back pain by balancing the muscles that support the spine.
- Learning how to deal with your beliefs about pain can be more effective than any other tool for pain management.
- Rest is best.
- The pain will always be there and I have to learn to live with it
- The pain is all in my head
- An MRI or high-tech imaging test can always identify the cause of pain.
- I will never be able to do some of my favorite activities ever again, such as hiking, swimming, running, gardening, etc.
- An MRI is necessary to diagnose back pain.
- It is usually one incident that causes the pain.
- There is a standard cure for low back pain.
- The spine is delicate and easily injured.
- If I have a herniated disc then I need surgery.
- My herniated disc must be causing my symptoms.
The goal at Exercise Progression is to work with your diagnosis and focus on what makes your pain worse, and what makes it better.
The fact is that if you consistently do more of what makes it better than what makes it worse, you will get better, every time.
It is not about sets and reps in the gym. Chris cares that you can go through all aspects of life while allowing your low back to heal as fast and efficiently as possible. If that means teaching you how to operate in the gym, at home, in the office, in the plane, car, walking the dog, everywhere and anywhere, then that’s what your program will focus on.
It is not unusual to spend the first few weeks practicing the best ways to cook, clean, sit, stand, lift, twist and shout. And you know what? That is what it takes to heal most back pain.
There is no such thing as magic exercises that cure back pain. The magic is in what you do daily and most importantly what you DON’T do daily.